F3X Wilwood Brake kit
CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT
Looking for a brake upgrade and not sure what to do? The PdV Motorsport brake kit is highly adaptable, stage-upgradable, and less expensive then any comparable kit on the market.
- $3000+ Stoptech and Dinan kits got you in the dumps :(
- $2000 OE Brembo kits without floating rotors seem silly?
Then you're in the right place! We're developing the perfect upgrade for you.
- Wilwood Forged Narrow Superlite 6 piston front and 4 piston rear radial mount calipers. These can come with your choice of dust seals or not or their thermolock 2 piece pistons. And did I mention the color options?
- Available caliper piston area choices of nearly the same (stock pedal feel) or 14% smaller (shorter travel/stiffer feel) compared to M performance calipers
- Wilwood GT-72 LUG DRIVE floating rotors. ZERO BOLTS and you can throw your safety wire in the trash! These are awesome. Watch a video on them here.
- Available choices of 355mm or 380mm front rotors
- Wilwood's extensive brake pad compound options for the 7416 back plate
- PdV topology optimized floating rotor hats, caliper brackets, and hardware to bring it all together for the F3X platform
- Designed to fit in almost any 18" wheel. Clearance in the front is roughly identical to the Stoptech ST60R 355mm kit that fits the F3X and F22 M235i.
Why are radial mounted Wilwoods better then OE Brembo axial/lug mounts?
- Generally, and definitely in this case, improved caliper stiffness due to the caliper design and the load path to the upright. This latest Superlite caliper is the stiffest they've ever made and has proven along with the tapered pistons to produce very even pad wear for longer pad life.
- Greater stiffness also means better initial bite and more consistency for improved driver confidence.
- Future proofing and staged upgrades! You will be able to gradually upgrade by installing the caliper kit on OEM rotors and then swap to the Wilwood 355mm rotors later. Or you can keep your Brembo calipers and install the PdV floating rotors. Want to step up again with bigger wheels and 380mm rotors? We can adapt the caliper mount for that too.
Pricing is still TBD while development continues and the manufacturing market stability is non-existent.
RACING EQUIPMENT AND BRAKES MUST BE MAINTAINED AND SHOULD BE CHECKED REGULARLY FOR FATIGUE, DAMAGE, AND WEAR. DO NOT OPERATE ANY VEHICLE ON UNTESTED BRAKES!