High Strength Collar Gear - 6spd M66 Version
UPDATE APRIL 29, 2020 --- THESE ARE OUT OF STOCK. A NEW GROUP BUY IS STARTING SOON. IF YOU'D LIKE TO TAKE PART IN THE GROUP BUY PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL AT PDVMOTORSPORTS@GMAIL.COM
At typically over $1000 per replacement including labor, and some reportedly needing more than one before they've hit 100k miles, this expensive problem has finally been dealt with. Install this collar gear as a preventative measure and let your drive train worries slip away.
I can not guarantee fitment on a worn transmission output gear or angle gear input gear so don't wait till it fails! However, one of the prototypes was recently installed on a car with a failed OEM collar and he had this to say...
- "...it feels stronger & heavier, tighter fit, correct Volvo gaskets - I'm happy to support this new collar..." See the reviews here.
Ryan's personal log: 60,000+ miles from June 2013-2019. Likely over 3 million combined miles with the over 100 units sold.
- High strength and heat treated material to a specific Brinell hardness that is appropriate for a transmission gear
- Nitride heat treat (estimated 60% increase of UTS compared to OE)
- Custom fit, not to OE clearances
- Designed and manufactured in Pennsylvania, USA
- None of the necessary OEM seals or the retaining ring are included
- 2004-2007 S60R/V70R AWD 6MT (manual) transmissions
- 2004.5 - 2010 S40 CH -452736 and V50 CH -472491 T5 models with AWD 6MT (manual) transmissions